Imagine being able to instantly help hundreds of children right in your own community!
Every hour, every day, a child enters the hospital. They are scared. They are worried and they are thrust into an often cold environment far from the comforts of home. That’s why nothing compares to seeing the wide, grateful eyes of a child receiving their very own Josh puppy and I’ll be O.K. book when they enter the hospital. The first-hand experience is unforgettable.
“One of the best things about becoming a partner is getting the opportunity to see the kids first hand. Children always come in very tentative and quiet, not knowing what is next on their tour of the hospital. But once we share with them the story of Josh and his hospital visit, a transformation occurs. The kids loosen up, begin to interact more, and actually start smiling and talking as soon as the plush Josh puppy is placed in their hands. It is amazing to see these frightened children who show up scared and then leave us more at ease, clutching their Josh puppy and talking to him as they move on. Many kids actually start joking around and laughing—a sure sign they feel less frightened and better prepared for their hospital visit.” –Dr. Randy Lange after presenting Josh kits to children at a surgery pre-admission tour at ETCH
Be part of this transformation. Experience the benefits. Become a Josh and Friends Partner TODAY:
- Have an Impact: You can make an immediate and positive impact on the lives of children who have to go into the hospital every day.
- Strengthen Your Organization: You can build a sense of community within your organization, especially if your group is allowed to physically present the I’ll Be O.K. gift package in the hospitals to children.
- Donate Wisely: You will know exactly what your donation/contribution is doing—providing some child in their community with a book and puppy to make their hospital stay less scary.
- Branding Power: You will be able to co-brand your organization with Josh and Friends (depending on your level of contribution) and leverage the growing brand of the lovable golden retriever Josh icon and the human-animal bond.
Anyone can write a check. Anyone can donate to a charity. However, there’s immediate satisfaction in writing a check that will immediately impact the life of a child in your own community. The Impact is undeniable.
Powerful partnerships have proven key to the growing momentum and impact of the Josh and Friends project across North America. It’s because of our valued partners that our mission has extended to thousands of hospital rooms we could never have reached on our own. We’re proud to highlight our relationships with several honored charities including:
Each day, local organizations are stepping up to support this important project. Other groups that have partnered locally with Josh and Friends include
- Rotary Clubs
- Kiwanis Clubs
- And countless individual “friends”